Huntington Park, California
The safety of everyone traveling is the focus of a grant awarded to the Huntington Park Police Department. The $70,000.00 grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS) will assist in Huntington Park Police efforts to reduce deaths and injuries on Huntington Park roads.
The one-year grant is for the 2021 federal fiscal year, which runs from Oct. 1, 2020 to Sept. 30, 2021.
The grant will fund a variety of traffic safety programs, including:
- Patrols with emphasis on alcohol and drug-impaired driving prevention.
- Patrols with emphasis on awareness and education of California’s hands-free cell phone law.
- Patrols with emphasis on education of traffic rights for bicyclists and pedestrians.
- Patrols with emphasis on awareness and education of primary causes of crashes: excess speed, failure to yield, failure to stop at stop signs/signals, improper turning/lane changes.
- Collaborative efforts with neighboring agencies on traffic safety priorities.
Funding for this program was provided by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.