The HPPD Training and Recruitment Section can be reached by contacting:
The City of Huntington Park Human Resources Department can be reached by contacting:
Thank you for your interest.
JOIN OUR TEAM! The Huntington Park Police Department is the leading law enforcement agency within Southeast Los Angeles County, providing quality law enforcement with community pride, cultural respect, and first rate delivery of services. We are currently looking for dedicated service-oriented people to join our team!
Reserve Police Officer – Level I and II
Level I Reserve Officer
- Training Requirements: Completion of the POST Regular Basic Course or Reserve modules I, II and III Additionally, the candidate must complete the Department Field Training Program.
- Assignment Requirements: Level I Reserve Officers must complete 20 hours of department recognized service per month. At least 10 of those hours must be performed in patrol operations. Level I Reserves may be certified to work a patrol car alone and may be used to supervise other reserve officers.
- Other Requirements: Level I Reserve Officers must complete 24 hours of POST “Continued Professional Training” every 2 years, remain current in First Aid/CPR and must participate in firearms training and scheduled meetings.
Level II Reserve Officer
- Training Requirements: Completion of the POST-Certified Level II Academy. The department pays for the Academy and equipment. Additionally, the candidate must complete the Department Field Training Program.
- Assignment Requirements: Level II Reserve Officers must complete 20 hours of department recognized service per month. At least 10 of those hours must be performed in patrol operations. Level II Reserve Officers may work any assignment while under direct supervision.
- Other Requirements: Level II Reserve Officers must participate in firearms training and attend scheduled meetings. They are encouraged to participate in other training opportunities.
Public Safety Officer – Full-Time / At Will / Exempt
This non-sworn, non-peace officer, uniformed position is assigned as a full-time civilian employee in the Police Department. Public Safety Officers perform a variety of duties which enhance and advance the work, goals, and objectives of the Police Department and the City. Public Safety Officers may be assigned to any division or unit of the Police Department, or any other City department. Public Safety Officers perform duties associated with, but not limited to customer service, field work, enforcement of municipal ordinances and state law, crime prevention, safety and security of parks and City facilities, special events, administrative and clerical duties, and miscellaneous duties as assigned. Public Safety Officers may be assigned to work night shift, weekends, holidays, and other unusual hours. We are currently looking for dedicated service oriented people to join our team! The current vacancy is in the Police Department.
This non-sworn Communications Operator position works closely with Police Officers. Communications Operators dispatch police units using a Computer Aided Dispatch System (CAD), take emergency and routine calls, exercise judgement in dispatching units and prioritizing calls, and provide information to police personnel regarding warrants, driving records and property, and performs other related work as required. Must be available to rotate on all work shifts, including days, evenings and graveyard, weekends and holidays or unusual hours. Applicants during their training will be required to attend a California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Public Safety Dispatcher Course to obtain their certificate. We expect to find individuals who can remain calm, have a clear and controlled voice, think quickly and logically in emergency situations, can operate a computer keyboard by touch, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, learn quickly, and have a good memory. The current vacancy is in the Police Department.
This non-sworn, non-peace officer, uniformed position is assigned as a part-time civilian employee in the Police Department to provide superior customer service and assist in a variety of support staff duties; Police Cadets can be assigned to any other division within the Police department to perform Non-Peace Officer duties as related; this position requires evening, weekend and holiday work; and performs related work as required. The current vacancy is in the Police Department.