Gang Investigations & Enforcement Unit
Parole Compliance Team
The Gang Unit is attached to the Huntington Park Police Department’s Detective Bureau and is under the management of Lieutenant Elsa Cobian.
The Gang Unit works four days per week. The unit generally works Wednesday through Saturday during the evening hours but is subject to change based on the needs of the City.
- Focused patrol and enforcement for known and suspected gang members residing in or frequenting the City of Huntington Park.
- Collateral efforts to suppress and curtail the various “tagging groups” plaguing the City.
- Investigation of gang-related crimes.
- Provide Expert Gang Testimony.
- Work with outside agencies on task force operations and multi-jurisdictional cases.
F13 Gang Injunction
- The Gang Unit is tasked with identifying, documenting, and serving Florencia Trece gang members with the Permanent Gang Injunction.
- The injunction sets rules for documented served members of F13, such as a curfew, prohibits association with fellow F13 members, and prohibits gang activity.
- The Gang Unit is tasked with ensuring that those that have been served follow the rules and those that do not are taken into custody.
AB109 / Post Release Community Supervision Parolees
- The Gang Unit currently monitors and ensures compliance of numerous PRCS Parolees residing in the City of Huntington Park.
- The Gang Unit is tasked with registering active gang members when ordered by the courts.
- The Gang Unit keeps and files all the registrant paperwork for later use. (Court, Other agencies, etc…)
Other Collateral Duties
- Provide Gang Education and Awareness classes to the Juveniles At Risk Program’s parenting classes, the Explorer Program, and Meet your Police Meetings.
- Addressing “We Tip” and citizen concerns as they pertain to gangs, graffiti, and quality of life issues.