Q. What are the phone numbers to the Huntington Park Police Department?
A. See below:

  • To report an in-progress crime and/or life-threatening emergency: 911
  • For general questions: Business Desk (323) 584-6254
  • To report a crime not in progress or request an officer response: Dispatch (323) 584-6254
  • Animal related: Animal Services Officers: (323) 826-6682
  • Investigations: (323) 826-6656
  • Police Records: (323) 826-6611
  • Watch Commander: (323) 826-6614
  • Property: (323) 826-6618

Q. What hours/days is the Police Department open?
A. The Huntington Park Police Department is available to the public 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, the Records front lobby remains open from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Mondays through Thursdays and 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Fridays. After-hours contact can be made via a telephone located inside the lobby of the police department.

Q. How and when can I get fingerprinted or Live Scans performed?
A. Ink fingerprinting services are provided for persons living and/or working within the City of Huntington Park. Contact the Jailer for more information: (323) 826-6622 or (323) 826-6623.

  • Basic Live Scan – $73.85
  • Enhanced Live Scan – $108.23

Q. How do I obtain a copy of a police report?
A. To obtain a copy of a police report, individuals must be named in the report or be the owner of the property involved. Please call Records at (323) 826-6611 to ascertain if your report is available. Bring picture identification with you when picking up the report. Reports cannot be faxed. Additionally, some reports are not releasable. Insurance company request for police reports is processed via U.S. mail only. Requests must be mailed in and include the report number or full name of the party involved, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Reports may be released to:

  • The victim(s)
  • An authorized representative of the victim
  • An insurance carrier against which a claim has been made and/or might be made Any person suffering a loss

Reports will not be released if:

  • The disclosure would endanger the safety of a witness or other party involved
  • Endanger the successful completion of the investigation and /or a related investigation
  • The name and address of a victim of certain specified crimes will not be disclosed
  • $25.46

Reports may be released to:

  • Driver involved in the collision
  • Registered owner of vehicle(s) involved
  • Parents of a minor driver involved
  • Passengers involved listed in report
  • Insurance Companies representing a party involved
  • Those incurring property damage or civil liability as a result of the accident
  • Attorneys representing any of the above
  • Reports are not released to witnesses.
  • Residents: $25.46 / Non-Residents: $31.14

Copies of arrest reports can only be released through subpoena to the Custodian of Records.
No arrest reports will be released if:

  • The disclosure would endanger the safety of a person.
  • The disclosure would endanger the successful completion of the investigation or a related investigation.
  • The arrest is a medical or similar detention and disclosure would constitute an invasion of privacy.
  • $25.46

Juvenile Court has the exclusive authority to determine whom, and the extent to which, juvenile record information may be released. Release of juvenile information requires the permission of the Presiding Judge of the Juvenile Court. Parents of a juvenile may receive a redacted copy of certain types of reports upon proof providing proof of a birth certificate. All others will need to petition the Juvenile Court directly for the release of that record.

Q. Does the Police Department accept credit cards?
A. No, Huntington Park Police Department will only accept cash or cashier’s checks.

Q. What hours can I come and pick up property?
A. Mondays and Wednesdays from 8:00am to 11:30am. Call Property & Evidence to make an appointment at (323) 826-6618.

Q. Does the Huntington Park Police Department offer ride alongs?
A. Yes, ride alongs are scheduled through the Watch Commander. All prospective riders must be checked through criminal databases before acceptance. Please call the Watch Commander during normal business hours to schedule an appointment. (323) 826-6614.

Q. How do I schedule a tour of the Police Department?
A. Please call the Watch Commander during normal business hours to schedule an appointment. (323) 826-6614.

Q. How can I get my vehicle released from impound?
A. See below:

  1. The vehicle will ONLY be released to the REGISTERED OWNER. If you own the vehicle, but it is not in your name, you must have DMV change the registration to your name and bring the new paperwork and a Moving Permit to the Police Department. A valid driver’s license holder must be present at the time of vehicle release.
  2. The registered owner must show a VALID form of identification, including a California Driver’s License or a California ID card.
  3. If the vehicle was impounded because of expired registration, the owner of the vehicle must obtain proof of current registration (deposit of fees) and a Moving Permit from DMV.
  4. If the vehicle is stored because of owner’s request due to a traffic collision, the owner will need to go directly to the tow yard to pick up the vehicle.
    Release fees:
    Unlicensed/Suspended License Impound – $159.16
    30-Day Impound – $159.16
    DUI Impound – $318.30
    All Impounds other than listed above – $180.23

Q. How can I get my vehicle released from a 30 day impound?
A. Vehicle owners who have had their vehicle subject to a 30 day impound may request a hearing with a supervisor in order to seek having the 30 day impound period reduced or dismissed. Persons seeking a hearing should come to the station counter to request one in person.

Q. How can I obtain a restraining order?
A. You can get a Temporary Restraining Order at the Downtown Los Angeles Court and the Norwalk Superior Court.

  1. To get a Temporary Restraining Order at the Downtown Los Angeles Court: In order to file for a Temporary Restraining Order, the appropriate paperwork must be completed in order that a Judicial Officer may review it to make a decision. The Judicial Officer and only the Judicial Officer has the authority to grant a restraining order. If you need assistance completing the paperwork, you may ask for help at the following Domestic Violence Clinic. Go to Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Domestic Violence Project located in the Los Angeles Superior Court: 111 North Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012, 2nd Floor, Department 8, Room 245.Monday – Friday (except legal holidays) 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. It is recommended that you arrive EARLY in the morning. If you arrive later in the day, you may be asked to return the following court day. Allow several hours to complete the forms and for judicial review. Childcare is available in the courthouse. Need more information? There is a recording that explains these procedures: (213) 974-5587
  2. To get a Temporary Restraining Order at the Norwalk Superior Court: Go to the court house at 12720 Norwalk Blvd., Norwalk, CA 90650 (If you need directions or information, call (562) 807-7266 or (562) 807-7261)There are 2 types of Restraining Orders:- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Someone you are in a relationship (wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend, live-in, etc.) – NO FEE
    – CIVIL: Not related (stranger, employee, business, etc.) – FEE – $182.00 (approx.) Procedure: Fill out a complete package. Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday – 1:30 p.m. Judge hears your case. You are given a court appearance date for a later date. You may need to return depending on your particular case.

Q. What is “Identity Theft”?
A. Identity theft involves acquiring key pieces of someone’s identifying information, such as name, address, date of birth, social security number and mother’s maiden name, in order to impersonate them. This information enables the identity thief to commit numerous forms of fraud which include, but are not limited to, taking over the victim’s financial accounts, opening new bank accounts, purchasing automobiles, applying for loans, credit cards and social security benefits, renting apartments and establishing services with utility and phone companies.

Identity Theft is covered under California Penal Code section 530.5: Unauthorized Use of Personal Identifying Information
(a) Every person who willfully obtains personal identifying information, as defined in sub-division (b), of another person without the authorization of that person, and uses that information for any unlawful purpose, including to obtain, or attempt to obtain, credit, goods, services, or medical information in the name of the other person without the consent of that person is guilty of a public offense.

Q. What should I do if I have become a victim?
A. You should gather whatever documentation you have and come to our Business Desk, during business hours to file a police report, however you should not wait to begin making the following notifications:

  1. Credit card issuers: Get replacement cards with new account numbers. Ask that the old accounts be processed as “account closed at consumer’s request”. This is better than “card lost or stolen”, because when this statement is reported to credit bureaus, it can be interpreted as blaming you for the loss.
  2. Fraud Units of the three credit reporting companies: Experian, Equifax, and Trans Union. Report the theft of your credit cards and/or numbers. Ask that your accounts be flagged. Also, add a victim’s statement to your report such as “My ID has been used to apply for credit fraudulently. Contact me at XXX-XXX-XXXX (your phone number) to verify all applications.
  3. Your Bank: Cancel your checking and savings accounts and obtain new account numbers. Ask the bank to issue you a secret password that must be used in every transaction. Put stop payments on any outstanding checks that you are unsure of. If you use an ATM card for banking services, get a new card, account number, and password. Do not use your old password. When creating a password, avoid such commonly used numbers as the last four digits of your Social Security number and your birth date.
  4. Telecheck & National Processing Company: If you have had checks lost or stolen, report it to these companies. These are check guarantee companies and they can flag your file so that bogus checks will be turned down. Telecheck can be reached at 800-366-2425. National Processing Company can be reached at 800-526-5380.
  5. Social Security Administration: Notify the Social Security Administration’s office of the Inspector General if your SSN has been used fraudulently http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/idtheft.htm . You may want to have your SSN changed if your number has become associated with bad checks and credit. CAUTION: This step should be reserved for only the most extreme situations. You must be sure to notify all credit grantors and credit reporting bureaus of your new SSN.
  6. Passport: If you have a passport notify the passport office http://www.travel.state.gov/passport_services.html to be on the lookout for anyone ordering a new passport fraudulently.
  7. Utilities: Call your telephone (including long distance carrier), electrical, gas and water utilities. Alert them to the possibility that someone may attempt to open new service using your identification.
  8. Secret Service. The Secret Service has jurisdiction over financial fraud cases. This federal government agency usually does not investigate individual cases unless the dollar amount is very high. To interest the Secret Service in your case, ask someone in the fraud department of your credit card companies and/or banks to notify the particular SS agent they work with.
  9. Federal Trade Commission: The FTC collects complaints about identity theft from consumers who have been victimized. Although the FTC does not have the authority to bring criminal cases, the Commission can help victims of identity theft by providing information to assist them in resolving the financial and other problems that can result from this crime. The FTC also refers victim complaints to other appropriate government agencies and private organizations for further action. For more online information click: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/credit/idtheft.htm If you’ve been a victim of identity theft, file a complaint with the FTC by contacting the FTC’s Identity Theft Hotline by telephone: toll-free 1-877-IDTHEFT (438-4338); TDD: 202-326-2502; by mail: Identity Theft Clearinghouse, Federal Trade Commission, 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20580; or online: www.consumer.gov/idtheft
  10. Keep a log: In dealing with the authorities and financial institutions, keep a log of all conversations, including dates and names. Send correspondence by certified mail. Keep copies of all letters and documents. Provide your police report number to expedite reporting the crime.
  11. Consumer Assistance: The nearest office of Consumer Credit Counseling Service might be able to help you remove fraudulent claims from your credit report. Call 800-388-2227.
  12. Legal Counsel: Consider seeking legal counsel, especially if you have difficulty clearing up your credit history, or your case is complex and involves a lot of money. An attorney can help you recover from the fraud and determine whether your rights under various credit, banking, SSN and other laws have been violated.

Credit Reporting Bureaus

  • Equifax
    – Copy of Report: P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241 – www.equifax.com
    – Dispute Report: P.O. Box 740256, Atlanta, GA 20274-0256
    – Order Credit Report: 800-685-1111
    – Opt out of Marketing Lists: 800-219-1251
    – Report Fraud: 800-525-6285
  • Trans Union
    – Copy of Report: P.O. Box 7000, North Olmstead, OH 44070 – www.transunion.com
    – Dispute Report: P.O. Box 403, Springfield, PA 19064
    – Order Credit Report: 800-851-2674
    – Opt out of Marketing Lists: 800-241-2858
    – Report Fraud: 800-680-7289
  • Experian
    – Copy/Dispute Report: Assistance Center, P.O. Box 2104, Allen, TX 75013-2104 –  www.experian.com
    – Order Credit Report: 888-397-3742
    – Opt out of Marketing Lists: 800-353-0809

To remove your name from mailing lists (Direct Marketing Association):

  • Mail Preference Service, P.O. Box 9008, Farmingdale, NY 11735
  • Telephone Preference Service, P.O. Box 9015, Farmingdale, NY 11735.

Q. What Is Domestic Violence?

A. Domestic violence is defined as abuse committed against members of the same family, a spouse, former spouse, cohabitant, former cohabitant, a person with whom the offender has had a child, or is having or has had a dating or engagement relationship regardless of sexual orientation or between children and elderly parents.

Domestic violence may begin with angry words, a shove, or a slap, and may escalate into a pattern of assaultive controlling behaviors including physical, sexual, and psychological attacks against the victim, children, property, and/or pets.

Criminal domestic violence behaviors include hitting, choking, kicking, assault with a weapon, shoving, scratching, biting, rape, unwanted sexual touching, forcing sex with a third party, or violation of a valid restraining order. Degrading comments, interrogating family members, suicide threats/attempts, controlling victim’s time and activities, although not criminal, are also considered domestic violence behaviors.

Domestic violence is not an isolated, individual event. One battering episode builds on past episodes and sets the stage for future episodes. All incidents of the pattern interact with each other and have a profound effect on the victim. There is a wide range of consequences, some physically injurious and some not, but all are psychologically damaging.

Some acts of domestic violence even include sexual assault. A sexual assault may be by a stranger or a person known to the victim, including a husband, boyfriend, ex-husband, or ex-boyfriend. Sexual assault is a crime. Victims should notify the police immediately. A police officer will respond to conduct an investigation and collect evidence. Victims should keep all clothing worn during the assault and other evidence such as bed sheets. Officers will transport victims to the hospital for a free medical exam. Victims should not shower or douche before the exam.

Research has shown that this pattern of control and abuse increases in frequency and severity over time. It is estimated that one-fourth of all homicides in this country occurs within the family and one-half of these are husband-wife killings. Studies have shown that arrest, jail, probation, and Restraining Orders deter many abusers from physically abusing their partners.

If you become a victim of threatening phone calls by your domestic partner, report them to the Huntington Park Police Department immediately. The Huntington Park Police Department takes threatening calls seriously, and so should you, especially if you are in a battering relationship or have been a victim of domestic violence.

You are not alone and many different kinds of help are available to you in your community. The Huntington Park Police Department is concerned about your safety!

Click here for Resources >

Q. What are the requirements for the U-Visa application review?

For the Huntington Park Police Department to review your case for certification, your case must meet the following criteria:

  1. The case was handled by HPPD.
  2. You or your client were a victim of a qualifying crime.
  3. You or your client were helpful, are helpful, or are likely to be helpful to law enforcement in the investigation or prosecution of the crime. If you or your client were under the age of 16 or unable to provide information due to a disability during the time of the crime, a parent, guardian, or next friend may assist law enforcement on their behalf. As per California Law, helpfulness is presumed if your client has not refused to provide information reasonably requested by law enforcement or the prosecutor’s office (District Attorney or City Attorney). (See Cal. Penal Code Section 679.10for further information)

Include the following information in your request:

  1. A completed Form I-918 Supplement B, U Nonimmigrant Status Certification
  2. A self-addressed prepaid stamped envelope or contact information if willing to pick up at the police department
  3. A certified copy of the court disposition from the presiding court (court minutes) if the suspect was arrested if applicable
  4. A  copy of the Huntington Park Police Crime Report
  5. Evidence of Identity (Government Issued Identification from the United States or another country)
  6. Indicate if the applicant is in removal proceedings

All documents should be sent to:

Huntington Park Police Department
Attention: Sergeant Mike Parsa
6542 Miles Ave
Huntington Park, CA 90255

If, after our review of the case file, it appears that the applicant does not qualify, we will complete a denial letter and mail it to the applicant or attorney. If you do not agree with the decision, you can submit an appeal request. All appeals are reviewed by the Department U Visa Coordinator listed above.

Q. Important Phone Numbers: