The Huntington Park Police Department’s Crime Suppression Unit (CSU) is managed by a lieutenant and is directly supervised by a sergeant who oversees a number of undercover detectives assigned to the unit.
- Detectives investigate primarily narcotic related offenses and complaint originating within the City of Huntington Park.
- Detectives investigate narcotic complaints that are received from other department personnel or from concerned citizens. CSU analyzes the problem and formulates an action plan to resolve the complaint.
- Detectives work with members of the Alcoholic and Beverage Control (ABC), focusing on alcohol violations and merchant alcohol violation education within the City of Huntington Park. As part of this enforcement, detectives may conduct minor decoy operations, prostitution operations and other related operations as needed.
- Detectives assist other detective personnel on criminal investigations to provide undercover and covert surveillance.
- CSU has a highly trained narcotic detection canine used in narcotic related investigations.
Detectives receive specialized and advanced training in the areas of narcotic enforcement’s, undercover operations and liability.
To report a unanimous tip please call (323) 826-6646.