The HPPD Training and Recruitment Section can be reached by contacting:
Sergeant Joe Settles at 323-826-6676
Thank you for your interest.
Graduate Management Intern – Police Department
This is an hourly professional part-time intern position which requires you to perform or assist with a wide variety of tasks including: quantitative and qualitative analyses, event coordination and program implementation, research and evaluation of project alternatives, preparation of presentations and memorandums, and various other administrative duties as assigned. This position is intended to provide high-level exposure to the day-to-day operations of municipal government. Performs other related duties as required. The current vacancy is in the Police Department.
Police Recruit (currently in Police Academy) / Police Trainee / Police Officer (Lateral)
The Huntington Park Police Department is the leading law enforcement agency within Southeast Los Angeles County providing quality law enforcement, with community pride, cultural respect and first rate delivery of services. We are currently looking for dedicated service oriented people to join our team!
Reserve Police Officer
Level I Reserve Officer
- Training Requirements: Completion of the POST Regular Basic Course or Reserve modules I, II and III Additionally, the candidate must complete the Department Field Training Program.
- Assignment Requirements: Level I Reserve Officers must complete 20 hours of department recognized service per month. At least 10 of those hours must be performed in patrol operations. Level I Reserves may be certified to work a patrol car alone and may be used to supervise other reserve officers.
- Other Requirements: Level I Reserve Officers must complete 24 hours of POST “Continued Professional Training” every 2 years, remain current in First Aid/CPR and must participate in firearms training and scheduled meetings.
Level II Reserve Officer
- Training Requirements: Completion of the POST-Certified Level II Academy. The department pays for the Academy and equipment. Additionally, the candidate must complete the Department Field Training Program.
- Assignment Requirements: Level II Reserve Officers must complete 20 hours of department recognized service per month. At least 10 of those hours must be performed in patrol operations. Level II Reserve Officers may work any assignment while under direct supervision.
- Other Requirements: Level II Reserve Officers must participate in firearms training and attend scheduled meetings. They are encouraged to participate in other training opportunities.
Police Cadet (Part-Time/At-Will/Exempt)
This non-sworn, non-peace officer, uniformed position is assigned as a part-time civilian employee in the Police Department to provide superior customer service and assist in a variety of support staff duties. This position requires evening, weekend and holiday work. Preference to applicants currently enrolled or in the process of enrollment in a recognized college or university. The current vacancy is in the Police Department.